ProJet, Meerssen, Netherlands have successfully started up 1 Tail & Deckle Cutter at Neenah Paper in Stevens Point, Wi. ProJet fully supported the customer and a joint successful commissioning of the systems was achieved. Neenah is producing Specialty Paper Grades on a 160 in. wide machine with very frequent deckle changes. Neenah selected ProJet as preferred supplier because ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter excels in quality, reliability and user-friendliness.
After careful installation of the Tail Cutter, detailed task planning for all teams involved, and numerous checks on all safety aspects, ProJet’s expertise helped to complete the commissioning quickly. The engineers conducted a number of installations, hardware and I/O checks, after which start-up was just “plug and play”, thanks to the user-friendly ProJet system, according to all teams involved.
ProJet’s Tail & Deckle Cutter has the following features:
• Automated trim removal before the couch and size press
• Eliminates changing deckle widths of suction and press rolls
• Substantial savings in drying energy possible if trim is removed at the wet-end instead of after the reel
This leads to the following benefits:
– Adjusting the paper width to cross directional shrink => Minimum paper loss at pope roller
– Parameter feedback: “End of production run” or “All parameters ready to go for new production run” => Unproductive time between production runs is minimized.
– Setting the Tail width => Quickest possible adjustments.
– Choosing the position of the Tail => Best position of the press rolls or press felts
– Choice for dual speed => Optimal speed for “Go to full width” and thus minimizing the risk for sheet breaks.
=> Highest possible speed at “Cut off” and thus reducing scrap to a minimum.
– Remote control => Operating personnel does not need to wait at the forming section during tail transfer => reduction of labor