Monthly Archives: October 2018

US containerboard production increased 5% in September


U. S. containerboard production in September 2018 was up 4.9% compared to September 2017 and up 2% year-to-date. The month-over-month average daily production compared to August 2018 was 1.3% lower, as the American Forest & Paper Association reported.   The containerboard operating rate was 98.8%, 3.4 percentage points higher than the same month last year. […]

Registrations officially open for “Clothing conditioning in paper making”

Clothing conditioning

Don’t miss out the unique opportunity to get the best tips and practices about the Clothing conditioning, LIVE, from an expert in the field on October 25th. The monthly episodes of IBC Paper Training’s web series that will be held during the next 12 months have started again in September 2018. Objectives of the third […]

Andritz successfully closes its acquisition of Xerium Technologies

Xerium Technologies

Andritz recently announced the successful closing of its previously announced acquisition of Xerium Technologies, Inc. Xerium, headquartered in Youngsville, North Carolina, is a global manufacturer and supplier of machine clothing (forming fabrics, press felts, drying fabrics) and roll covers for paper, tissue, and board machines, including maintenance and aftermarket services. With its Smart® technology, the […]

The Indian Paper Industry

The Indian Paper Industry The Indian Paper Industry

Several attributes of paper, including its pedagogic and packaging value makes Pulp and Paper industry (P&P) uniquely positioned among the manufacturing industries. Paper, is thus, recognized almost as a touchstone of socio-economic development. This traditional Indian P&P sector had leveraged and played a pivotal role in laying the foundation for economic growth. It is also […]

Toscotec enters the Japanese market with two tissue lines for the Marutomi Group


Toscotec announced that it has been awarded a landmark contract by the Marutomi Group to supply two MODULO-PLUS ES tissue lines. The machines will be installed at Marutomi Paper’s mill and at Ono Paper’s mill in Fuji city, Shizuoka, Japan, and are scheduled for start-up respectively in the first and second half of 2019. This […]

Ence acquires Iberdrola’s 90% stake in Puertollano solar thermal plant


Ence Energía, S.L.U. has signed an agreement with Iberdrola Renovables de Castilla La Mancha, S.A.U. for the acquisition of its 90% stake in Puertollano solar thermal plant, for an amount that could reach up to Euro 145.8 million. The agreement is subject to IDAE, owner of the remaining 10% of the plant, not exercising its […]

Kaolin-based Reagent Improves Waste Paper Deinking

paper deinking

Tests show an increase in brightness, reduced dirt count values and lower stickies content resulting in better machine runnability, often with a lower grade furnish Deinked pulp from waste paper such as old newspapers (ONP), old magazines (OMG), and mixed office waste (MOW) has become a principal source of raw material for making paper in […]

Paper prices to rise again in October

paper price

More paper price rises are on the way next month with merchants issuing letters outlining increases of up to 8% after receiving notification from the mills of the need to put prices up. This is the fourth time this year that price rises have been announced, with rising production costs – in particular the soaring […]

ND Paper completes acquisition of Old Town, Maine pulp mill

ND Paper

ND Paper, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, completed its acquisition of the Old Town kraft pulp mill from OTM Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of CVG, Inc. Under the terms of the asset purchase agreement, ND Paper acquired the bleached kraft pulp mill, plus approximately 100 acres of real property, for an […]